ENERGY STAR® Appliances
ENERGY STAR® Rebates
Lincoln Electric Cooperative's (LEC) ENERGY STAR® appliance rebates encourage members to purchase energy efficient clothes washers, freezers and refrigerators. The program is straightforward: you purchase an ENERGY STAR® qualifying appliance, send in the rebate form and a copy of receipt that lists make and model number within six months of purchase, and LEC credits your electric bill for between $15 and $70.
- Clothes Washers - $30-$70 depending on washer's Modified Energy Factor (MEF) and use of an electric water heater, $20 incentive with gas water heater. Ask your retailer for specific information on each machine's MEF.
- ENERGY STAR® Freezers - $15
- ENERGY STAR® Refrigerators - $15
- Purchase a qualifying appliance and install it in LEC service territory.
- Complete the rebate form, attach a copy of the sales receipt showing the brand name and model number of qualifying appliance(s) and send both to LEC.
- LEC staff validates the rebate form and model information and credits your account.
As a member of LEC, you will receive a monthly copy of Rural Montana magazine, the official publication of the Montana Electric Cooperatives' Association. Rural Montana is published by Montana's rural electric and telephone cooperatives in the interest of better rural and urban understanding of the benefits and the problems of rural utilities.
In the center pages of Rural Montana you will find LEC's 4-page newsletter, News & Views. News & Views includes information about current events, special notices of meetings, stories about co-op customers and much more. It also features regular information about the co-op, including a message from the general manager, and energy and safety information. To view issues of LEC's News & Views, click on the links below. The statewide version of the magazine can be found at http://www.montanaco-ops.com/rural-montana-magazine-archives/