Luck of the Draw Scholarships
APPLICATIONS CLOSED FOR 2019
Please check back for this opportunity in 2020.
One $5,000 and 14 $1,000 scholarships will be awarded in 2019! Scholarship winners will be drawn at random from all eligible applicants at Lincoln Electric's Annual Meeting on Saturday, March 30, 2019. This is a unique approach as it gives all eligible applicants an equal chance of winning.
To be eligible:
- The student or their parent/legal guardian must be an active member of LEC currently receiving electric service.
- Completed applications are due no later than 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
- The student and/or applicable LEC member must attend and register for LEC's Annual Meeting on Saturday, March 30, 2019, sign-in at the Luck of the Draw table prior to 9:15 a.m., and be present for the drawing.
- The student must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time in a non-graduate course of study at an accredited two-year, four-year, trade, or vocation institution for the upcoming Summer or Fall 2019 term.
- The student must be working on their first undergraduate degree or certification.
LEC has awarded over $80,000 in Luck of the Draw scholarships to our members and/or their dependents since 2010. The Luck of the Draw scholarship program is not funded directly through electric rates, nor will it affect rates. LEC's scholarship funds come from unclaimed capital credit money that has been placed in an account and is earning interest. Every effort is made to notify members of unclaimed capital credits before placing the money in the account.
2017 Luck of the Draw winners from left. Front Row: Ryan Price, Connor Harmon and Courtney Harmon (accepted by Charles Harmon), Ashlyn Waldo (Charlotte Park), Gina Williams, Emily Billow (Jennifer Armstrong), James Dunn, Derek Hickman (Myles Hickman), Jaimie Soderling (Jenny Soderling), Kaylee Kronsperger, Cole Pickering (Jean Pickering), Taylor Pacella (Sandra Pacella). Back Row: Brad Stein, Braden Thier (Tim Thier). Parents accepted on behalf of students that were unavailable due to school or extracurricular activity conflicts.