Air Source Heat Pumps
Lincoln Electric Cooperative will pay you $500-$1,000 if you purchase and install a qualifying air source heat pump system from a certified contractor. A $500 rebate will be paid when the majority of ducts are installed in a basement or conditioned crawlspace. A $1,000 rebate will be paid when the majority of ducts are installed in an unconditioned crawlspace or vented crawlspace, and ducts are insulated and sealed to program specifications by a contractor approved to do duct sealing. (Contractor must have duct sealing checked on Certified Contractor List). Before making a purchase, be sure to review the attached Air Source Heat Pump Information and Rebate Forms so you are familiar with all program and contractor requirements.
Here's how to qualify for the rebate:
- Complete the homeowner information section of the attached Air Source Heat Pump Rebate Form and return a copy to LEC to verify you qualify for the program. Save the original signed form and give to your installer to complete once installation is done. All systems must be pre-approved by LEC.
- After application is pre-approved, purchase a qualifying model from a contractor on our Certified Contractor List. System must have a Heating System Performance Factor (HSPF) of 9.0 or higher and a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) of 14.0 or higher.
- Install the system in our service area.
- Have your contractor complete the remainder of the Air Source Heat Pump installation form and submit it to LEC with all the required documentation.
- Attach a copy of the invoice listing the manufacturer (brand name).
- LEC may come and inspect the completed installation.
- Once final approval is made, your rebate check, made out according to the rebate form, will be mailed within four weeks.